The hottest new hotel in Chicago is an anomaly. It’s far from the Magnificent Mile and booming West Loop, the heart of the city’s tourism and business traffic. Since it edges up against a major expressway and residential neighborhoods like Logan Square and Bucktown, it’s the only proper hotel for at least a mile (save for The Robey in Wicker Park). There’s no doorman to greet you on the street, either: the hotel is inside a fitness club. But for active travelers heading to the Windy City, the new 55-room Hotel at Midtown—debuting today inside the recently opened Midtown Athletic Club Chicago—promises to be a huge draw.
Billed as the largest health and fitness property in the U.S., the club itself opened in September following an $85 million upgrade, transforming the formerly industrial tennis complex into a six-story, 575,000-square-foot sports resort. Featuring long, sleek lines and a reliance on natural materials like wood panels, glass, and concrete, today, it reads more as an urban wellness retreat than anything else. And while tennis may still figure prominently (there are 16 courts), the club’s impressive assortment of boutique fitness offerings are the new attraction.
Other articles you might like;
- How to Get More Fiber in Your Diet: Health Benefits of Psyllium Husk
- Plant of the week: Derivatives in weight loss products and used to fight viruses
- My Experience Will Help You Understand America’s Mental Health Crisis
- Charcoal is heating up the beauty industry.
- Sweeties Consciously Connects Southern, Vegan, And Soul Food | Food Feature