The wristbands will monitor exercise, sleep quality and eating frequency, while the apps will deliver motivational messages and track users’ progress. Support staff will deliver most sessions via phone or video calls.
NHS England, Public Health England and Diabetes UK will launch the project in eight areas this month.
Interventions that prove most successful could be rolled out nationwide. Simon Stevens, of NHS England, said “This is the latest example of the NHS getting practical and serious about new ways to support people staying healthy.”
Other articles you might like;
- How to Get More Fiber in Your Diet: Health Benefits of Psyllium Husk
- Plant of the week: Derivatives in weight loss products and used to fight viruses
- My Experience Will Help You Understand America’s Mental Health Crisis
- Charcoal is heating up the beauty industry.
- Sweeties Consciously Connects Southern, Vegan, And Soul Food | Food Feature