Looking back on that conversation with my obstetrician now, nearly a full year later, I realize that question and her subsequent answer has significantly shaped my understanding of my diagnosis and my expectations for treatment and recovery.
My postpartum depression diagnosis last fall was my first experience with any sort of depression—as far as I knew, anyway. Depression, anxiety, and other mental health issues may have plagued a number of relatives on both sides of my family, but I had always seemingly dodged that mental health bullet.
Other articles you might like;
- How to Get More Fiber in Your Diet: Health Benefits of Psyllium Husk
- Plant of the week: Derivatives in weight loss products and used to fight viruses
- My Experience Will Help You Understand America’s Mental Health Crisis
- Charcoal is heating up the beauty industry.
- Sweeties Consciously Connects Southern, Vegan, And Soul Food | Food Feature