To combat such tendencies, adaptogens, popularly known as healing plants, are recommended to strengthen the body’s natural response to emotional and physical stress. Ayurvedic doctors say that the use of adaptogens such as tulasi and amla in medication is an age-old practice.
Dr Vishwanath Nambiar, an ayurvedic doctor, says, “We make use of natural plants in our treatment regimes. We ask our patients to drink water in which tulasi or neem leaves have been immersed as they have antibacterial properties. The medical properties of such plants help in digestion and strengthen fat metabolism.”
Other articles you might like;
- How to Get More Fiber in Your Diet: Health Benefits of Psyllium Husk
- Plant of the week: Derivatives in weight loss products and used to fight viruses
- My Experience Will Help You Understand America’s Mental Health Crisis
- Charcoal is heating up the beauty industry.
- Sweeties Consciously Connects Southern, Vegan, And Soul Food | Food Feature