Boosts Heart Health
Psyllium husk consumption has been shown to help with triglyceride and blood pressure levels, which in turn lowers the risk of heart disease.
Research published in the journal Clinical and Experimental Hypertension found that over a six-month trial for overweight patients with hypertension, supplementation with psyllium husk “appears to significantly reduce both [systolic blood pressure] and [diastolic blood pressure] in hypertensive overweight subjects.” (1)
Further research shows psyllium improved blood sugar and reduced the risk of heart disease in type II diabetics. (2)
Helps Manage Weight
According to research published in the Journal of Diabetes and Metabolic Disorders, psyllium husk is an anti-obesity medicinal plant. This is partially due to the way it encourages elimination and promotes satiety. (3)
Other articles you might like;
- How to Get More Fiber in Your Diet: Health Benefits of Psyllium Husk
- Plant of the week: Derivatives in weight loss products and used to fight viruses
- My Experience Will Help You Understand America’s Mental Health Crisis
- Charcoal is heating up the beauty industry.
- Sweeties Consciously Connects Southern, Vegan, And Soul Food | Food Feature