We have unrealistic expectations of marriage
I knew that marriage was not designed to provide only fulfillment, joy, and a sense of purpose but I needed proof. So, being the #LoveGeek I am, I went searching for research to help me get a realistic view of marriage.
I found a current trend identified by The Pew Research Center, that concluded that we as a society are actually divided when it comes to the VALUE of marriage. When society is divided on ANYTHING, it can feel impossible to create a sense of satisfaction.
Survey respondents were asked which of the following statements came closer to their own views:
1) Society is better off if people make marriage and having children a priority, or
2) Society is just as well off if people have priorities other than marriage and children.
46% of adults chose the first statement, while 50% chose the second!
Other articles you might like;
- How to Get More Fiber in Your Diet: Health Benefits of Psyllium Husk
- Plant of the week: Derivatives in weight loss products and used to fight viruses
- My Experience Will Help You Understand America’s Mental Health Crisis
- Charcoal is heating up the beauty industry.
- Sweeties Consciously Connects Southern, Vegan, And Soul Food | Food Feature